Shahry+ Select terms and conditions
General terms and conditions:
- Shahry+ Select is a new generation plan where customers can customise local calling, local data, international allowances and monthly fees to meet their needs.
- A customer can change plan configuration – increasing or decreasing allowances. Requested changes will apply from the next billing cycle.
- The recommended way to change allowances is on the Ooredoo app. It can also be done by contacting the Ooredoo call centre or by visiting an Ooredoo shop.
- Shahry+ Select plan allowances are aligned with the bill cycle. Allowances are refreshed every time a new billing cycle starts.
- There will be no carry-over of any allowances within the packs. Once a bill is issued, any unused allowance from the selected packs will be forfeited.
- If a customer needs more allowances, additional subscriptions are available at an additional cost. Customers can choose one-time allowance boost options. One-time subscriptions will expire at the end of billing cycle.
- Shahry+ Select: Gives 8 GB of local data at full speed. After consuming 100% of the allowances provided, speed will be throttled to 128Kbps, and the customer can still enjoy unlimited access to the internet at a slower speed.
- The WhatsApp data benefit is automatically available with Shahry+ Active and Max plans.
- For plans that include WhatsApp data, the main data allowance will not be consumed when using WhatsApp services via local data service.
- WhatsApp data consumption accessed with the use of VPN will affect the identification of data traffic and will not be considered as part of the WhatsApp benefit.
- The benefit of this feature is restricted to local use only.
- Therefore, using WhatsApp while roaming will consume available roaming data allowance or be charged as out of bundle.
- The WhatsApp data-included benefit is allocated for personal use only and cannot be used for commercial activities nor for mass broadcasting purposes. Customers whose usage is deemed excessive will be warned in advance and – if excessive usage continues – may be subject to service termination.
International Calls and SMS:
- Any calls and SMS to international destinations or outside any plan allowances will be restricted by default using Worry-Free Key, which protects customers from unexpected charges.
- To call international destinations, the customer must subscribe to one of Ooredoo’s many international packs.
- Alternatively, customers can also enable standard calling rates.
- Customers who wish to enable calls at standard rates should unsubscribe from Worry-Free Key. Standard rates will apply – [link to standard IDD rates page]
Worry-Free Key and out-of-bundle usage:
- All new subscriptions on all Shahry+ plans automatically get enabled Worry-Free Key. This allows limiting out-of-bundle usage to avoid additional charges on customer bills.
- Worry-Free Key is a feature that will help customers to control their bills and limit usage to the allowance available in their packs. Out-of-bundle usage (local calls and SMS, international calls/SMS or roaming calls/SMS messages and data) at standard rate will be blocked.
- Customers subscribed to Worry-Free Key who consume all their allowances will not be able to make additional calls or send SMS messages. However, they can subscribe to an add-on or upgrade their plans through the Ooredoo App to increase the allowance.
- Customers can deactivate the key on the Ooredoo App , by contacting the call centre or visiting Ooredoo shops. This will enable them to make calls, send SMS messages and use other services at standard rates.