| Make special moments more special with Qtel MMS. |
With MMS Picture and Video Messaging you can share your best moments with friends and family. Take a photo, shoot a short video or record some audio then add some text and send it using MMS.
Some handsets already come with content you can readily share or tools that let you compose your own personalized MMS messages.
You can now enjoy the Ramadan MMS discounted rates from July 25 till September10, 2010 where you'll only pay 60 Dhs for every MMS sent locally or internationally.
MMS Maximum Size
With Qtel you can send MMS messages with a maximum size of 300KB. TIP: Most handsets show the size of the MMS before you're about to send it.
MMS Shoot and Send
You need to do 2 things before you start using MMS:
- Check your handset if it supports MMS.
- Activate MMS by requesting required settings from QTEL.
| || |
1- Check your handset if it supports MMS:
If your phone has a camera or can access GPRS or 3G data, then you can send MMS.
Remark: This rules does not apply in smart phone (e.g Blackberry, iPhone, HTC, etc., if you are a smart phone user, scroll down to see how to manually activate the MMS).
2- Activate MMS by requesting the required settings from QTEL:
If you are a new Shahry or Hala customer, or you acquired a new handset, you will receive the MMS settings automatically through SMS when you insert your SIM card into your handset - simply 'Save' these settings and you are ready to go.
You have 2 options to request MMS Setting from QTEL:
- SMS the word "ALL" to 92072
- Call 111, then select 2 (English), then 2 (Mobile), then 3 (MMS Settings)
Setup MMS For smart phones (e.g. Blackberry, iPhone, HTC, etc.): Blackberry
Options > MMS:
- Multimedia Reception: Select "Always" or "Home Only" (in Qatar only)
- Automatic Retrieval: Select "Always" or "Home Only" (in Qatar only)
Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network > MMS:
APN : mms.qtel
MMS Proxy: 10.23.8.3:8080
MMS Max Message Size: 307200
MMS UA Prof URL : leave it blank
Settings > Messages > MMS Messaging "ON"
Write your phone number here : Settings > Phone > My Number
Restart your iPhone
HTC (Windows Mobile OS)
Start > Settings > Connections > Advanced > Networks > "Programs that automatically connect to the internet should connect using"> "New" and please follow below steps:
- In "General" tab "Enter a name for these settings": you can give any name (let say "Qtel MMS")
- In "Modem" tab click New button then:
- "Enter a name for the connection": you can give any name let say "mms".
- "Select a modem": choose "Cellular Line (GPRS, 3G)" then click next
- "Access point name": mms.qtel then click next after that click "Finish"
- In "Proxy Settings" tab: please check on "This network connect to the internet" & "This network uses a proxy server to connect to the Internet", Proxy server 10.23.8.3 click on "Advanced" click on HTTP (server 10.23.8.3 & port 8080).
Start > Messaging > SMS/MMS > Menu > MMS Options > Servers > New Setting name (e.g. "Qtel MMS") with following details:
Server name : Qtel MMS
Gateway : 10.23.8.3
Port number : 9201
Server address : http://mmsr.qtelmms.qa
Connect via : "Qtel MMS"
Send limit : 300k
HTC (Android OS) & Experia
Name: Qtel MMS
MMS proxy: 10.23.8.3
MMS port: 8080
Authentication type: PAP
APN type: mms
If you have never sent an MMS from your handset, you will receive an SMS message with a link to a website, and a special username and password to access the website, where you can view your MMS.
Please note that any MMS on the website which you do not view within 5 days will be deleted.
With Qtel, you can send MMS to friends and family via more than 700 mobile operators around the world. We have arrangements with over 220 of these operators, covering 106 countries, that let you send your MMS directly to your friend's mobile handset (please click here for the list of these countries and mobile operators). For the other mobile operators, your friends will receive an SMS directing them to a website where they can view your MMS.
For frequently asked questions, please click here.